If you’ve ever been curious about getting your nails done in the French tip style, you may be wondering how much are French tip nails.
In this post, I’ll take a look at the average cost of French tip nails so that you can make an informed decision on whether it’s something that fits into your budget. As well as the benefits of having a French tip manicure.
What is a French Tip Manicure?
A French tip manicure is a classic and timeless look that has been popular for decades. It typically consists of a solid color of nail polish with a white tip on each nail.
The French tip adds a stylish and sophisticated touch to the overall look. It is a popular choice for special occasions or to add a touch of elegance to an everyday ensemble.
To get the perfect French tip, the tricky part is getting the white tip even and crisp. It takes a steady hand and some patience to master this skill. To achieve the classic French tip look, start by applying a base coat of any color of your choice.
After this is completely dry, use a thin striping brush or nail art pen to carefully draw a thin white line along the tip of the nail.
Finish with a clear top coat to seal in the design. You nail tech can give you the design you ask for, so you could always head to the nail salon with some photos you’ve found on Pinterest, so you can show exactly what you like.
Different Styles of French Tips Manicures
French tips are a classic and timeless look for manicures that never go out of style. With so many different styles of French tips manicures, there’s sure to be one that fits your unique look. From classic to edgy, here are some of the most popular French tip styles:
- Classic: The original French tip style is simple and elegant, with a white tip on the top of the finger. This style is perfect for a timeless and subtle look.
- Edgy: For those looking for something more modern, there are several edgy French tip styles available. You can choose from a variety of colors, including black and various shades of blue, green and purple. You can also get creative with geometric designs or stripes.
- Glitzy: If you want to add some glam to your manicure, glitzy French tips add sparkle with rhinestones or glitter. You can choose from a variety of colors, including metallics, such as gold or silver.
- Half Moon: This style is perfect for mixing up your routine. Instead of the classic tip at the end of the nails, this style has the tip at the bottom of the nail, giving it a half moon shape.
Benefits of Doing a French Tip Manicure
A French tip manicure is one of the most classic and timeless nail art techniques that anyone can do. It’s a style that has been around for generations, yet the look never seems to go out of fashion. Whether you are going for a modern or traditional look, this type of manicure offers many benefits.
The most obvious benefit is its lasting beauty. A French tip manicure typically lasts weeks before any chipping or fading occurs, making it one of the more durable options for beautifying your nails.
The two-tone coloration also means that you can change up the colors based on your outfit or mood; if you want subtlety, an off-white tip with a clear base coat will give your nails a timelessly elegant look, whereas switching to brighter colors provides an instant pop to any ensemble.
French tips also offer easier maintenance than other types of manicures since their natural shape does not require much shaping after application; as well as saving time, it takes less product use as well.
This make them ideal even for those who have difficulty controlling their hands when creating intricate designs on their own nails due to physical disability or age-related dexterity issues—simply apply the tips and fill in with solid colors without worrying about mistakes being made.
How Are The Hands And Nails Prepped Before A French Manicure?
Before a French manicure is applied, you need to ensure the hands and natural nails are properly prepped. Firstly, all nail polish should be removed with a cotton pad and non-acetone remover.
The cuticles should then be gently pushed back using an orange stick or cuticle pusher tool. A non-abrasive scrub or pumice stone can also be used to exfoliate any dead skin from the hands and around the nails.
Then, the natural nails should be filed into their desired shape with a nail file, ensuring that each nail has a uniform length and curvature.
After filing the nails, some may choose to buff them in order to create an extra polished look before applying polish. It is recommended that light pressure is applied when buffing so as not to cause any damage to your nails or skin.
Lastly, moisturizer should be applied to hydrate the hands and prevent any unwanted dryness while completing your manicure.
Preparing your hands and nails before you begin painting them, means you will guarantee that they are healthier underneath your manicure, which will protect them from drying out or staining over time.
Can You Get A Gel Nails French Manicure?
Yes, you can get a gel nails French manicure. Gel nails are a type of artificial nail extensions that can be applied with either acrylic or UV light technology.
With gel nails, the professional manicure will include a thin layer of colored gel to each fingernail and cure it under an LED or UV light.
Gel manicures are a glossy and long-lasting option, that mimics the look of traditional French manicures. To complete the classic look nail design, add white tips to your natural nails or use stick-on decals for an extra touch of elegance.
Not only does this gel nail polish technique provide high shine, but it also extends the life of your manicure by up to two weeks, depending on your natural nail shape.
Steps Involved in Doing a French Tip Manicure
The process is simple and doesn’t require any special tools. First, trim and file the nails, with a nail buffer or nail file, into the desired shape and length. Then apply a base coat to protect your nails from staining.
Afterward, apply two coats of white polish to the tips of your nails, using a nail art brush, making sure not to band the polish too far down into the nail bed.
Once this layer is dry, use topcoat on all of your nails, ensuring that each nail looks even. Complete your French tip manicure by applying a clear topcoat for added shine and protection.
How Much Are French Tip Nails?
French Tip Nails are a popular and timeless style that can be done at any nail salon. The cost of French Tip nails will depend on the desired design, length, and quality you desire.
If opting for an extremely complex design or detailed artwork such as 3D art or hand-painted designs, then the average price can range from $30 to upwards of $100.
If staying with a simpler look such as classic basic manicure of French tips with no extra nail art, then the cost is usually around $20-25 depending on the salon.
If getting your nails done in high-end nail salons, then the cost for French Tips deluxe manicure may be higher due to the extra materials and time used when constructing the manicure.
This can get closer to $40-50+ depending on how intricate your desired design is plus what type of polish is used. Gel polishes generally last longer than regular polishes and sometimes require more skill when applying, which could lead to higher costs for French Tip nails.
However, gel removal is often included in most salons, so this ensures you won’t have any extra charges if there’s an issue during removal or need another set applied shortly after removing them.
Difference in Prices Based on Location and Salon
The prices of French nails can vary greatly depending on the salon and location. Salons in big cities tend to charge more than salons located in suburban or rural areas.
The type of products used by a salon can also affect how much they charge for a French manicure; some salons may use higher-end products that increase the cost.
Some salons may offer discounts or incentives that make their services more affordable, such as loyalty programs or bundle deals.
Plus, the experience level of the technician performing the manicure could be a factor in pricing; those with more experience may charge more for their work.
Factors that Affect the Cost of A French Tip Manicure
Depending on the salon and area you live in, the cost of a French tip manicure can be anywhere from $25 to $100. There are several factors that can affect the cost of a French tip manicure, including the following:
- Type of Salon: Different salons will charge varying prices for French tip manicures, depending on the services they offer. For example, a high-end salon offering a wide range of treatments may charge more than a local nail salon with more basic services.
- Quality of Products: Salons that use higher-quality products will usually charge more than those using lower-grade products. Salons that specialize in French tip manicures may be more expensive than those that don’t.
- Technician Experience: Experienced technicians with years of training and practice can typically charge a higher price for their French tip manicures due to the skill and expertise they bring to their work.
- Length of Appointment: As with any type of service, the length of the appointment can affect the cost of the French tip manicure. A full hour-long session will typically cost more than a 30-minute session.
If you’re looking for a great deal on a French tip manicure, it pays to shop around. Be sure to compare prices at different salons and ask about the quality of their products and experience of their technicians before making a decision.
Aftercare Advice for Maintaining French Tip Nails
Taking good care of your French tip nails is essential for keeping them looking their best for as long as possible. Here are a few tips for maintaining French tip nails:
- Keep your hands clean and moisturized. Make sure you wash your hands regularly with a mild soap and warm water, and follow up with a moisturizer to keep your cuticles hydrated.
- Regularly apply a base coat and a clear top coat. Apply a base coat under the nail polish, then two thin coats of your French tip colour, and a topcoat over the colour. This will help prevent chipping and flaking.
- Ensure you keep your nails away from harsh chemicals and detergents. When cleaning around your nails, make sure to use gentle detergents and wear gloves when dealing with household chemicals to avoid damaging your polish.
- Avoid unnecessary contact. Keep your hands dry and away from water as much as possible to prevent discolouration of your French tip manicure.
Cost Saving Tips for Getting a French Tip Manicure
1. Bring your own supplies – Make sure to bring your own nail polish and top coat if you plan on getting a French tip manicure. This can help you save money since most salons charge extra for the supplies they use.
2. Check out local deals – Before visiting the salon, do some research to see if there are any local deals or discounts available. There may be special offers for French tip manicures, which can help you save money.
3. Buy a DIY kit – If you’d like to do your own French tip manicure at home, consider buying a DIY kit from the store. These kits usually come with all of the necessary supplies and easy-to-follow instructions.
4. Reuse your strips – If you plan on using nail striping tape to create the French tip design, make sure to save the piece that you used for your first manicure. This way, you won’t have to buy a new one each time, saving you money in the long run.
5. Share with a friend – If you’re heading to the salon with a friend, consider splitting the cost of your manicures. This way, both of you can have beautiful French tips without breaking the bank.
Tools Needed for Doing a DIY French Tip Manicure
In order to have a successful DIY French Tip manicure, you will need some essential tools. Here is a list of the most essential items you should have on hand:
- Manicure kit – This includes nail clippers, cuticle trimmers, and other essential items for prepping your nails.
- Nail polish remover – This is necessary to remove any old nail polish before beginning a new manicure.
- Base coat – A base coat helps protect your nails and helps the colors adhere better.
- Two shades of nail polish – You will need one that is lighter than the second shade so that it can be used for the ‘French tip’ part of the manicure.
- Top coat – This is necessary to seal in the look and protect it from chipping or fading.
- Nail art tools – These include dotters, nail strips, and other tools that can be used to create decorative designs on your nails.
- Cotton swabs – These are great for cleaning up any mistakes you might make while doing the manicure.
Getting a French tip manicure is a great way to add sophistication and style to your look. The cost of French tip nails can range from $25 to upwards of $100, depending on the complexity of the design and type of salon you go to.
Make sure to also factor in the duration of your appointment and quality of products used when deciding what is best for you.
Before you head out, take some time to research different salons near you that offer French tips so you can find one with competitive pricing.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty – I have been a beauty writer since 2012.
As well as owning Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!