This week saw the launch of the XX Revolution Bronze Collexxion, and the XX Revolution Skin Glow Tinted Skin Booster is just one of the products within the collection.
We all know how much Revolution loves to create affordable dupes for popular higher-end beauty products, and as soon as I saw this launch, I knew it was ‘inspired’ by NARS…
“Our XX Skin Glow tinted bronze booster, will quickly become your hero product! With added Niacinamide & Papaya extract, this lightweight and buildable tinted skin booster with added pearlescent particles can be used alone for a natural bronzed boost or under makeup for an extra bronzed glow!”
The new XX Revolution Skin Glow Tinted Skin Booster launched alongside these other products as part of the Bronze Collexxion;
- XX Revolution Bronze Skin Cream Bronzer
- XX Revolution XX Shine Balm Hydrating Lip Balm in 3 shades
- XX Revolution XXpress Quad Eyeshadow Palette in 3 shades
- XX Revolution Hi-Glow Face Palette in 2 shade variations
I really do love the packaging on the entire XX Revolution collection. Everything manages to look and feel very luxe, minus the luxe price tag.
Whilst the prices on everything within the XX Revolution collection is a lot higher than their original range, the formulas are as a whole, more superior, so I feel like the price increase is justified.
The XX Revolution Skin Glow Tinted Skin Booster is available in five different shades;
- XX Revolution Skin Glow Tinted Booster Fever – light
- XX Revolution Skin Glow Tinted Booster Blaze – light/medium
- XX Revolution Skin Glow Tinted Booster Flame – medium
- XX Revolution Skin Glow Tinted Booster Heat – medium/ deep
- XX Revolution Skin Glow Tinted Booster Radiate – deep
As soon as I saw the XX Revolution Skin Glow Tinted Skin Booster, it instantly reminded me of the NARS Tinted Glow Booster, and I don’t think it is a coincidence that the names are identical but just a different order. The packaging is identical too, except the NARS version is £28, so this XX Revolution is almost half the price.
It’s designed to be used alone to perfect the skin, or you can use it under makeup for extra glow. The NARS version can also be blended with your foundation, so I imagine you could do the same with this formula too.
It’s marketed as being a customisable complexion enhancer, and the shade range is a little better in the XX Revolution formula too; with five shades, whereas NARS only have four.