This week was the week that XX Revolution brand finally launched. The XX Revolution Bronzer Powder is just one of many, many new products to launch, and it’s currently available via the Revolution website, Boots, Douglas and more.
BUY HERE: Revolution / ULTA
XX Revolution Bronzer Powder
The XX Revolution brand is another new sister brand from Revolution, and is said to combine skincare ingredients with makeup.
The prices are much higher than any of the other Revolution sister brands, and the prices have had a mixed reception on social media.
The prices start at £5 for their retractable eyeliner pencils, but the products go up to £28 which blows my mind a little.
The prices are mostly drugstore kind of prices, but many of them are mid-range in the same price range as MAC and Urban Decay, so I can see why the price hikes have been so divisive.
I have featured a number of the XX Revolution products here on Makeup Muddle, and it’s been interesting to see which products have been Googled the most.
- XX Revolution Liquid Skin FauXXdation Double FiXX Foundation
- XX Revolution ConcealXX Super FiXX Concealer
- XX Revolution Quick Fixx Translucent Setting Powder
- XX Revolution XXtasy Blush Palette Indulgence
- XX Revolution Chameleon Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
- XX Revolution XXcharged Duo Chrome Liquid Eyeshadow
- XX Revolution Cloud Complexxion Soft Touch Primer
- XX Revolution XXposure Highlighter Powder
- XX Revolution Glow Skin Fauxxdation
- XX Revolution H2 Glow Bomb Primer
The two foundations; the XX Revolution Glow Fauxxdation Foundation and the XX Revolution Double Fixx Foundation have received a massive amount of views in particular – far exceeding any of the other products within the range.
The XX Revolution Bronzer Powder is £10 and contains 6.5g of product. I don’t think £10 is too bad for a drugstore bronzer, but 6.5g is quite small compared to other bronzers from the likes of Rimmel (there’s is £5.99 with 14 grams), NYX (is £8 with 9.5 grams) and ELF (is £7.50 for 10 grams).
The XX Revolution Bronzer Powder is described as having ten skin true, creamy satin matte shades:
- Powder Bronzer Aphotic – Matte deep almond
- Powder Bronzer Chaos – Matte caramel
- Powder Bronzer Command – Matte cool brown
- Powder Bronzer Demo – Matte chestnut
- Powder Bronzer Morose – Matte golden bronze
- Powder Bronzer Nocturnal – Matte deep brown
- Powder Bronzer Phantom – Matte tan
- Powder Bronzer Spectre – Matte warm russet
- Powder Bronzer Vestige – Matte warm tawny
- Powder Bronzer Vignette – Matte mocha
The brand claim to have created ultra-deep to super fair bronzers to give instant warmth to any skin tone, with a super pigmented yet buildable formula.
Their Matte Splendour Bronzer collection has been highly praised for shades that cater for the deepest of skintones, which is amazing as most brands just forget that the entire world’s population isn’t just a medium skin tone.
There are some really great shades for medium to deep skintones within the XX Revolution Bronzer Powder shade range, but there’s definitely room for lighter shades.
Demo is the lightest shade they do, and Nocturnal is the deepest. If you can find a shade that’ll work for your skintone, the XX Revolution Bronzer Powder is available right now.
BUY HERE : Revolution / ULTA
All images belong to Revolution.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty – I have been a beauty writer since 2012.
As well as owning Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!