The Wishful Yo Detox Face & Body Enzyme Scrub has been revealed as being the latest launch from Huda Beauty’s skincare sister brand; Wishful, and it’s exciting to have another Wishful launch, when their new Wishful Eye Lift & Snatch Instant Sculpting Masks only launched less than two weeks ago.
The Wishful Yo Detox Face & Body Enzyme Scrub was a product Huda initially developed for her husband, but it was too good to not launch for everyone to try.
Described as being an unique 4-in-1 gentle enzyme scrub that’s packed with the same signature ingredients as Yo Glow (pineapple and papaya enzymes, and AHAs and BHAs), PLUS purifying charcoal to draw out impurities and refine pores!
- Use one to two times a week on your décolletage and underarms.
- Founder Huda Kattan loves to use Yo Detox Face & Body Enzyme Scrub 24 hours after hair removal to discourage the appearance of ingrown hairs.
- For the ultimate routine, gently exfoliate one to two times per week with Yo Detox Face & Body Enzyme Scrub and use Yo Glow Facial Enzyme Scrub (sold separately) on alternate days (in the morning or evening).
The Wishful Yo Detox Face & Body Enzyme Scrub is launching on the 5th of April and will be priced at $39 USD (£34, €39, 177 AED) and features the following key ingredients;
- Charcoal: The ingredient responsible for giving Yo Detox its unique grey hue, charcoal is the ultimate clarifying skin hero. It contains oil-absorbing properties to remove impurities, plus grease and residue in your pores and on the skin’s surface. Post scrub, your pores will look snatched and feel instantly more refined.
- AHA & BHAs: Alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids help clean deep into pores and dissolve dead skin cells, reducing dark spots and evening skin texture and tone.
- Papaya Fruit Extract: Papaya contains the enzyme papain, which is known to smooth and increase skin clarity for a radiant glow while antioxidants help to fight free radical damage.
- Pineapple Fruit Extract: Full of bromelain enzymes that gently exfoliate, reduce dark spots and soothe skin, it also contains antioxidant-rich vitamins.
- Witch hazel: This powerful natural ingredient is known as an oil-reducing astringent that helps relieve breakouts and tighten pores. It also boasts anti-inflammatory properties, and when used sparingly in your routine as part of a wash-off product, it can help to gently detox and balance the skin.
The Wishful Yo Detox Face & Body Enzyme Scrub features a 4-in-1 formula which tackles skin exfoliation on four levels: enzymes, acids, detoxifying charcoal, and soft cellulose (that physically yet gently exfoliates), so you get all the benefits without the downtime (no irritation and no redness).
Huda describes the scrub as being perfect for days when you need a more intensive, deep skin cleanse. Its formula claims to effortlessly tackle excess oil, dead skin cells, breakouts, and clogged pores for a deep skin detox.
It’s said to be that the Wishful Yo Detox Face & Body Enzyme Scrub is suitable for all skin types, but as it has a more intense formula, it’s recommended you only use the Wishful Yo Detox Face & Body Enzyme Scrub once or twice a week, whilst the original Yo Glow can be used daily.
- Apply a generous amount on clean, dry skin.
- Gently massage in a circular motion to roll and sweep away impurities.
- Rinse well with warm water.
Interestingly enough, the Wishful Yo Detox Face & Body Enzyme Scrub will be called the Wishful Yo Glow Intense in the Middle East, Canada, and South Korea. I’m not sure why exactly, but it might be down to the active ingredients within the formula. As soon as more information is shared, I’ll be sure to update this post.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty. In addition to Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!