Earlier this week, ULTA uploaded the Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection to their website and it originally sold out in seconds.
I have the FULL launch information on the Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection, and when the Kuromi makeup collection will be coming to stores both instore and online, so keep on reading to find out everything you need to know about the Wet N Wild Makeup My Melody collection!
Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection is a limited edition collection between Saniro and Wet ‘n Wild, and the Wet N Wild Kuromi collection is a fully licensed collection.
When a beauty brand wants to do a collection with a licensed brand or character (like Disney or Coca-Cola for example), the brand has to pay a very large fee to acquire a licence.
Which is what Wet ‘n Wild would have done to be able to use Saniro’s My Melody and Kuromi characters in this adorable My Melody Wet N Wild collection. It even includes scented My Melody Makeup Palettes…
This Wet N Wild Sanrio collection is inspired by My Melody’s innocent nature and Kuromi’s mischievous spirit, wet n wild introduces the perfect offering of sweet vs edgy to create looks for your boldest and most precious moods.
Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection Official Launch Information
- Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection official launch RIGHT NOW on the Wet ‘n Wild website HERE
- Official launch on Sanrio Wet N Wild website 21st of July HERE
- ULTA instore – very soon
- ULTA online – HERE
- Walgreens instore – very soon
- CVS instore – very soon
- Target online – HERE
That usually means the products would be more expensive, but I think the Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection is actually very reasonable, and very affordable which is amazing.
There had been no mention of the collection anywhere beforehand, so it was a massive surprise for everyone, but it sold out way before Wet n Wild could even officially announce it themselves, which is crazy.
Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection
The Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection is a collaboration between Wet ‘n Wild and My Melody and Kuromi, which are two Saniro characters, whom also make Hello Kitty.
“Loved for generations and transcending ages, Wet And Wild Sanrio steps into the wet n wild spotlight in a bold Wet n Wild My Melody & Kuromi Collection that will have everyone feeling naughty & nice.
Get into playful mischief or stay sweet with My Melody & Kuromi inspired Shadow Palettes, Lip Glosses, Liquid Matte Lip Colors, Blushlighter Palette and dual ended brushes.
Flaunt the entire collection in the My Melody & Kuromi Cosmetic Bag which is spacious enough (and more than cute enough, of course) to hide all of your sweet notes, mischievous secrets, or both!
With a unique and limited print featuring zipper pulls, this cosmetic bag is as irreplaceable as you are! With a total of 10 unique pieces, this collection will channel your inner playful curiosity!” – ULTA
Kuromi is described as being a cheeky, punky yet cute rabbit character, and My Melody is a sweet, kind rabbit character.
They’re two different yet popular characters, and this new Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection has been created with two halves; pink, cute and girly themed products inspired by My Melody, and more grungy and darker tones inspired by Kuromi.
Any Saniro collection is a guaranteed success, but once you combine Saniro with an affordable accessible brand like Wet ‘n Wild, you’re on to a winner so it’s understandable that the Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection sold out as quickly as it did.
This collection does include individual products;
- My Melody Shadow Palette $9.99 – 16 pan powder shadow palette with matte and shimmer finishes with raised skull patterns on five shades.
- Kuromi Shadow Palette $9.99 – 16 pan powder shadow palette with matte and shimmer finishes with raised heart patterns on five shades.
- Blushlighter Palette $9.99 – four blush shades with one matte blush and three satin and shimmer finish blushes.
- Liquid Matte Lip Color (2 shades) $4.99 each – one bright fuchsia in Sweetie Pie and one deep plum in Goth Girl
- Lip Gloss (2 shades) $4.99 each – one pink and lilac shimmer shade in Lil Miss Punk and one shade with multicoloured shimmer in a nude base in Oh My!
- Dual-Ended Eyeshadow Brush $9.99 – pretty dual-ended brush with a liquid glittery handle, pink metallic ferrules and pink to black blended bristles.
- Dual-Ended Face Brush $9.99 – pretty dual-ended brush with a liquid glittery handle, pink metallic ferrules and pink to black blended bristles.
- Cosmetic Bag $8.99 – a black faux leather makeup bag with a Kuromi and skull print on one side of the bag, and a pink, heart My Melody design on the opposite side, and skull/heart shaped zip pull.
The individual products sold out in seconds when they launched on the ULTA website, and now they’re back right now, and it’s guaranteed that they’ll sell out quickly again. They are now available on the Wet ‘n Wild website too.
You can however purchase the Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection as a whole collectors bundle for $64.99 which is an online exclusive. It’s such a cute collection, with the most adorable Kuromi and My Melody illustrations across the packaging for every single product.
You can find the Wet n Wild My Melody and Kuromi Collection right here…
All images belong to Wet n Wild.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty – I have been a beauty writer since 2012.
As well as owning Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!