If you like your skincare, the Tatcha The Serum Stick Treatment and Touch-Up Balm might be something you want to try. I’m yet to try anything from Tatcha, and feel like that makes me automatically fail as a blogger, especially as their products are often raved about so much. Keep reading to learn all about this new skincare launch…
Tatcha The Serum Stick Treatment and Touch-Up Balm
Why the Tatcha The Serum Stick Works
- Smooths dry fine lines instantly and over time. Ideal for perking up the eye area, it also helps address laugh lines and other areas of crepiness wherever dehydration appears.
- Locks in moisture instantly and over time. Weightless, all-natural squalane glides on easily to soften, comfort and lock in moisture, alleviating and minimizing skin and makeup dryness.
- Creates a dewy cushion for makeup and refreshes. Melts into clean skin seamlessly, preventing makeup from settling into lines and improving blendability. Over makeup, it refreshes dry spots throughout the day and imparts a natural glow.
SQUALANE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX/CIRE D’ ABEILLE, SACCHAROMYCES/CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF/CLADOSIPHON OKAMURANUS/RICE FERMENT FILTRATE*, MELISSA OFFICINALIS LEAF EXTRACT, BETAPHYCUS GELATINUM EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TOCOPHEROL, AQUA/WATER/EAU, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPANEDIOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL
Japanese Lemon Balm
Lemon balm, or kousui hakka, translates to “caring for others” in the Japanese language of flowers, and has been used for centuries to help calm inflammation. It visibly reduces fine lines and crepiness while helping to minimize the UV damage that can cause these signs of aging. With purity and quality in mind, we source our lemon balm from a private farm in the mountains of Japan.
All-natural squalane works instantly to richly moisturize and improve the skin barrier, locking in moisture and minimizing dryness all day. The weightless emollient absorbs easily without clogging pores or leaving behind an oily residue.
This trio of antioxidant-rich Japanese superfoods reveals soft, healthy-looking skin. Featuring Uji Green Tea (known to detoxify and help prevent signs of premature aging), Okinawa Red Algae (rich in polysaccharides, essential for skin water retention and renewal), and Akita Rice (a nourishing moisturizer, rich in essential proteins).
Tatcha The Serum Stick Directions
- Glide on anytime, anywhere you desire to add smoothness and moisture.
- Press with fingers to set.
- Can be used over makeup to refresh and create subtle glow.
The Tatcha The Serum Stick Treatment and Touch-Up Balm is $48 and contains 8g of product in a solid, twist up balm. The packaging is undoubtedly luxe, as it is Tatcha, with a purple tube and gold metallic accents.
The balm is designed to be something you apply directly to the skin to add moisture, and reduce dryness as well as helping your makeup to look fresh during the day.
For $48, the Tatcha The Serum Stick Treatment and Touch-Up Balm does feel a little too expensive even if it does contain 80% squalane and a Japanese lemon balm.
I really like the idea of a solid stick balm that you can apply on your problem areas, as an addition to your normal skincare routine but I can’t help thinking, I’d rather pay the extra money for a high quality serum that I could apply all over the skin.
8g really isn’t very much when it’s a solid balm, so I think you’d end up using it up quite quickly too. The only product I can think of, that’s a little similar is the Pixi Glow Stick but that’s doesn’t contain squalane. It does leave my skin looking and feeling very glowy, and it’s so convenient being able to apply directly on the skin.