There’s yet another new launch from Tarte, and this time it’s the Tarte Maracuja Juicy Shift pH Plumping Gloss Balms. Yesterday, I shared the brand new Tarte Shape Tape Radiant Concealer, and we’ve seen a huge amount of new Tarte launches this year, thus far. If you’d like to find out all about these pH color changing lip balms, keep on reading…
Tarte Maracuja Juicy Shift pH Plumping Gloss Balms
“pH-powered plumping gloss-balm with hyaluronic acid shifts like magic into a custom pink shade.“
The Tarte Maracuja Juicy Shift pH Plumping Gloss Balms is a collection of nine gloss lip balms, with pH technology, which is designed to transform into your custom pink shade when applied to the lips.
- maracuja oil: rich in essential fatty acids & vitamin C for firmer, brighter, smoother-looking skin
- hyaluronic acid: intensely hydrates
- grapeseed oil: known for anti-aging properties
- goji: promotes collagen production & moisturizes
- acai: powerful antioxidant packed with vitamins A, B, C & E to help restore moisture
- acerola: rich in antioxidants to promote elasticity
- pomegranate: provides maximum hydration
- watermelon: rich in vitamin C & hydrates
- strawberry: antioxidant-rich, free radical defense
- blueberry: packed with vitamin A, C & E
- peach: helps boost collagen production
- cranberry: antioxidant-rich & anti-aging properties
- lemon: antioxidant-rich
- passionfruit: rich in Vitamins A and C, hydrating & plumping
- vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an emollient & antioxidant
These new gloss lip balms are designed to be a pH-powered plumping balm, gloss, color and hydrating treatment all-in-one. Working as universal ‘lippies’ to color-shift, with your natural pH levels of your lips, to create your perfect lip shade.
This isn’t the first pH technology launch we’ve seen from Tarte, as there’s also the Maracuja Juicy Lip & Cheek Shift, which launched back in November, and they have a liquid formula, and can be applied to both the lips and the cheeks.
Whilst there are nine ‘shades’ of the Tarte Maracuja Juicy Shift pH Plumping Gloss Balms, each of the ‘colors’ will shift to a similar pinky pop shade, depending on your individual pH level. So, there won’t be much variation in shade between the nine flavors.
The formula is designed to drench the lips in lasting juicy color, to give you a stained-glass shine, whilst hyaluronic acid and 10 superfruits give you a plumper looking pout, with lip liners being smoothed for softer, pillowy, plumper lips.
Each of the Tarte Maracuja Juicy Shift pH Plumping Gloss Balms are $24, and contain 2.7 g / 0.095 Oz. of product, within a twistable, stick format, and the balms are made in Korea.
The nine flavors on offer are;
- Big Ego
All nine ‘shades’ look insanely glossy on the lips. I love the comparison that they give a stained-glass effect on the lips. I hope they all smell as delicious as they sound, and they look like the perfect glossy lip product for summer. If you’d like to check out the new color – changing lip balms, they’re available right now.
All images belong to Tarte.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty – I have been a beauty writer since 2012.
As well as owning Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!