Wow there’s been a lot of new skincare launches this week, and the Sunday Riley Charcoal Smoothie Jelly Body Scrub is the newest launch to be announced. Sunday Riley are usually all about the facial skincare, but recently they launched their first haircare product, and now we have one for the body…
Sunday Riley Charcoal Smoothie Jelly Body Scrub
The Sunday Riley Charcoal Smoothie Jelly Body Scrub is $38 and contains 200g / 7 oz in a holographic foil pouch with a nozzle, and reminds me of a drinks pouch. It’s a strange packaging format for such a luxurious brand but as it’s marketed as being a ‘smoothie’, I guess it fits that theme.
This is a body scrub designed to refine rough, bumpy texture (including keratosis pilaris on the arms) with a combination of clarifying salicylic acid, natural exfoliating powders, and detox-loving charcoal.
The Sunday Riley Charcoal Smoothie Jelly Body Scrub targets bumpy, textured, flaky skin (including keratosis pilaris or “chicken skin” on the arms and thighs with a dual-action exfoliation system.
Salicylic acid and lactic acid work to clarify and smooth bumps and rough patches, while natural exfoliating powders massage away dull dead skin cells.
Activated charcoal works with manuka to pull impurities up and out, for a balanced, deep clean. Coconut water and avocado oil nourish and rehydrate, leaving your whole body instantly smoother, softer, and nurtured.
In the shower or bath, massage a handful of body scrub thoroughly into the skin, focusing on target areas. Let sit for 1-2 minutes and rinse off.
- Activated Charcoal: Acts as a “magnet” to draw dirt and impurities to the surface of the skin.
- Salicylic Acid: Breaks down excess oil and keratin to unclog pores and helps regulate the skins natural exfoliation process.
- Biodegradable Wax: A physical exfoliant that is more effective that common exfoliants such as sugar, but gentler on the skin than plant by-products.
- Zinc PCA: Regulates oil production and helps control bacterial growth that can lead to acne and clogged pores
- Coconut Water: A natural hydrating extract with key vitamins and minerals to nourish the skin.
- Manuka Honey: A natural humectant with anti-bacterial properties that helps draw water into the skin.
- Jojoba Seed Oil: Mimics the skins natural lipids, making it a skin-compatible moisturizer that also protects the skin barrier.
The Sunday Riley Charcoal Smoothie Jelly Body Scrub is pricey for how much product you get, but there’s a lot of active ingredients to help refine and smooth the skin’s surface. If you want to give it a try, it’s available right now…
All images belong to Sunday Riley.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty. In addition to Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!