OPI has revealed their spring collection, and it’s a collaboration! The OPI x Xbox Nail Polish Spring 2022 Collection is a kinda unexpected collaboration, but sometimes the unexpected collabs tend to be the best collaborations, and this particular OPI collection includes twelve beautiful shades inspired by Xbox.
The OPI x Xbox Nail Polish Spring 2022 Collection includes twelve shades, and they’re available in the brand’s different formulas; Infinite Shine, Gel Color and their original Nail Lacquer.
OPI’s inspiration for the collection, were the games included within their Games Pass subscription, and those in the US will be able to get access to matched in-game assets when playing popular titles like Forza Horizon 5, and also Halo Infinite with every purchase which is pretty flipping cool.
Looking at the colours available within the OPI x Xbox Nail Polish Spring 2022 Collection, I’m really surprised there’s no “Xbox green” shade. It makes no sense to me to have a nail polish collection themed around a gaming console, to not include a shade which is synonymous with the console.
I think the collection would’ve made a lot more sense had there been a bright, luminous green. There is a green shade in the OPI x Xbox Nail Polish Spring 2022 Collection, but it’s a light pastel green, which doesn’t scream Xbox to me.
So, let’s take a look at the shades within the OPI x Xbox Nail Polish Spring 2022 Collection:
- Achievement Unlocked – Unlock a world of digital lavender with this light purple crème nail polish
- Can’t CTRL Me – A light blue nail polish with subtle shimmer that’s out of CTRL
- Heart and Con-Soul – Take nails to the next level with this pearlescent red nail polish
- Nooberry – Berry boost your nails with this purple crème nail polish!
- Pixel Dust – Pixelate your world with this pearlescent pink nail polish!
- Quest For Quartz – Join the winner circle with this shimmery rose quartz nail polish
- Racing For Pinks – Rev your engine with this dusty crème rose nail polish
- Sage Simulation – Get lost in a shimmery simulation with this sage green nail polish
- Suzi Is My Avatar – Activate your virtual player with this coral crème nail polish
- The Pass Is Always Greener – Meet your matcha with this light green crème nail polish
- Trading Paint – Race to the finish with this orange crème nail polish
- You Had Me At Halo – A pearlescent light blue nail polish that’s out of this world
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty. In addition to Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!