There’s always a lot of excitement whenever NARS launch a new lip product, and the NARS Air Matte Lip Color Collection is the brand’s newest, lip formula, and it’s guaranteed to be a popular launch.
This new lipstick launched in Asia back in November, and it’s only just launching in the US and UK today, so hopefully will be available at other NARS stockists globally very soon.
NARS Air Matte Lip Color Collection
It’s a difficult time for beauty brands right now. Many, many people aren’t wearing lip products as they’re having to wear face coverings, but products are developed sometimes years ahead of the launch date.
So it’s highly possible the NARS Air Matte Lip Color Collection was developed a couple of years ago, and way before the global crisis happened. Some of us still like to wear lip products, even if it’s just for our own benefit. Sometimes a pretty lip colour can really boost your mood, and this particular lip collection looks truly beautiful.
“NARS Air Matte Lip Color is an innovative new formula that glides seamlessly onto lips for airy, longwear matte lip color with a comfortable feel. Limited edition.
Daringly diffused. Seductively soft. A matte that moves with you. Cushiony, air-kissed pigments float featherweight color onto lips, while Color Diffusion Complex creates a soft-focus finish with a creamy feel.
Build and blend to perfection with a custom-designed applicator for a look that¿s covetable and comfortable. The next generation in matte lip color, styled to air-fection. Limited edition.“
The NARS Air Matte Lip Color Collection can be applied with three different techniques and looks;
- For a pillow-soft stained lip, apply Air Matte Lip Color in any shade to the center of the top and bottom lip.
- Press lips together and gently blend outward with fingertips to blur color, use #22 Blending Brush to diffuse and blend color along the edges.
- Use Soft Matte Complete Concealer and Light Reflecting Setting Powder Loose to further blur the lip line or to touch up throughout the day.
- Layer two shades to create a one-of-a-kind look.
- Apply one color all over lips to create an opaque base.
- Layer the second color onto center of lips.
- Blend and diffuse with #30 Precision Lip Brush.
- Define lips with Precision Lip Liner in a shade slightly deeper than your preferred shade of Air Matte Lip Color.
- Fill in lips with Air Matte Lip Color. Build coverage to your desired intensity.
- Finish by perfecting the outer lip area with Soft Matte Complete Concealer.
- Balance a matte lip with a radiant complexion.
The NARS Air Matte Lip Color Collection is a limited edition lipstick collection, with an innovative new formula which is designed to glide seamlessly onto the lips for an airy, longwearing matte finish with a comfortable feel.
Described as being a ‘matte that moves with you’, with cushiony air-kissed pigments that float featherweight colour onto the lips, whilst the NARS Color Diffusion Complex creates a soft-focus finish with a creamy feel.
- Pin Up
- Total Domination
- Power Trip
- All Yours
- Joy Ride
The NARS Air Matte Lip Color Collection are £23 / $26 each, and features eight beautiful shades, each of which have a custom-designed applicator to give you an air-fection pout. I really like the packaging, it looks so sleek, and I like that the tubes are colour co-ordinated to match the shade inside.
I think there’s a really great mix of shades too, with nudes and pinks, brown, pinks and red. I don’t know why NARS would make this a limited edition collection, as it’s definitely going to be popular.
I personally love the look of the NARS Air Matte Lip Color shades All Yours and Joy Ride, but they’re all very pretty, and they’re available for purchase right now.