Teyana Taylor is an American singer-songwriter/actress, dancer, choreographer, director, and model. If you’d like to find out more about this newest MAC x Teyana Taylor Collaboration, keep on reading.
MAC x Teyana Taylor Collaboration
“I’m very excited to be partnering with a company like M•A•C who I’ve watched collaborate with strong women of colour over the years. I’ve been a fan of M•A•C ever since I was 15 years old and started experimenting with makeup, it was the first brand that made me like makeup.
I’m so grateful and excited to be sharing this beautiful collection I created with the M•A•C team but also hoping to inspire other young women that anything and everything is possible.“
Teyana posted on her Instagram page, the following message to announce the MAC x Teyana Taylor Collaboration:
“Wow yo! I remember walking by the Mac store on 125th street coming from school, amazed at all the dope campaign ads spread across floor to ceiling windows & on other major department stores. MAC Cosmetics really inspired me because they were one of the first mainstream companies to fearlessly and unapologetically embrace woman of color and the LGBTQ Community.
That was big for me being a young black girl from Harlem telling myself that one day that would be me plastered in that window! Long story short, and by the grace of God, here I am with my own up and coming capsule collection for M•A•C!!!!! ??
On that note I’m proud to officially announce my collaboration & partnership with Mac cosmetics!!! I’m so grateful and excited to be sharing this beautiful collection I created with the MAC team and so happy the cat’s finally out the bag!! But most importantly, I’m hoping to inspire other young black women that anything and everything is possible & that our black is STUNNING!!!” – @TeyanaTaylor
It has now been confirmed that the MAC x Teyana Taylor Collaboration is launching on the 14th of July, and it’ll feature the following 13 products;
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lipstick – I Got a Man (matte cocoa brown nude) $20
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lipstick – Good Moaninnn (matte rosy pink) $20
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lipstick – A Rose In Harlem (matte bright candy apple red) $20
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lipstick – Junie Bee (frost mid-tone purple with blue and purple reflect) $20
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lipglass – But Ain’t Got No Manners (sheer nude with bronze and gold pearl) $19
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lipglass – Gonna Love Me (nude pink with pearl) $19
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lipglass – Across Da Board (candy apple red with slight pearl) $19
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lipglass – Save Ya Tears Hunny (light lavender with pearl) $19
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lip Pencil – Cyber World (intense blackish purple) $19
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lip Pencil – Hodgepodge (mocha midtone brown) $19
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lip Pencil – Nightmoth (blackened plum) $19
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Lip Pencil – Chestnut (intense brown) $19
- MAC x Teyana Taylor Mineralize Skinfinish – House of Petunia (gold with bronze flecks) $37
The promotional images all show Teyana wearing the products within the collection, and the red glossy lip in a lot of the images, has been confirmed as one of the products within the collection.
I absolutely love the 90’s neon vibes across the whole MAC X Teyana Taylor collection, with the lipsticks having neon see through packaging, which is so different compared to past MAC collections. I’ll update this post whenever new information is shared.