The L’Oreal Magic Root Rescue 10 Minute Root Coloring Kit isn’t technically a brand new product. It’s been around for a little while, but the packaging has had a little makeover and they’ve introduced some new shades to the range too.
I thought it was a good product to showcase, as I know many of us aren’t able to visit salons or hairdressers right now.
L’Oreal Magic Root Rescue 10 Minute Root Coloring Kit
With the current lockdown situation, it means that we can’t just go and get beauty treatments or get our roots touched up.
Which in the big scheme of things, really isn’t important but I know I feel good if I look good, and if there’s a product that can make me feel better then it’s definitely worthwhile, especially when it’s only $6.99.
The L’Oreal Magic Root Collection has expanded significantly since they launched originally with the root sprays.
Which you sprayed onto your dry hair, to disguise root regrowth or greys, but they didn’t work as effectively as I wanted them to as the colour would transfer and it was a nightmare if you got caught in the rain.
So what is the L’Oreal Magic Root Rescue?
In a nutshell, it’s a ten minute permanent root colouring kit. It utilises a low ammonia gel with built-in conditioning and an aromatic scent. Magic Root Rescue is recommended to cover gray hair for root regrowth of less than three weeks.
It's quick precision applicator makes touching up roots fast and easy and it covers 100 percent of grays. No uneven touch-ups, just seamless, beautiful color from root to tip.
- Perfect for covering grays between salon appointments and at-home colorings, Magic Root Rescue matches any shade including professional salon colors from dark brown to light blonde
- Low ammonia color gel with built in conditioning and an aromatic scent, Magic Root Rescue includes a quick precision brush that allows you to part hair and apply dye fast and easy
- For best results and the most seamless color, Root Rescue is recommended for root regrowth less than one inch in length
- No uneven touch-ups, just beautiful color from root to tip – No time to wait 10 minutes- Try Magic Root rescue to cover gray roots
The L’Oreal Magic Root Rescue 10 Minute Root Coloring Kit is super easy to use. Inside the box, there’s a Conditioning Developer Creme which comes in the silver bottle. There’s a brush attachment and also the Color Gel.
- Mix – Pour entire contents of color gel into developer bottle. Replace precision applicator cap.
- Shake – Unscrew the tip from the precision applicator cap. Placing finger over the tip, shake until mixture is completely blended.
- Choose – Choose your applicator tip: The precision tip or the soft brush tip
- Apply – Begin applying where there are the most visible grays. Then color the hairline. Make sure to saturate your roots with color. Leave on for 10 minutes & rinse.
Color Gel: Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-4 Rapeseedamide, Glyceryl Lauryl Ether, Deceth-3, Propylene Glycol, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Ethanolamine, Dipropylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Poloxamer 338, p-Phenylenediamine, Oleyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Resorcinol, m-Aminophenol, Ammonium Thiolactate, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol HCl, Erythorbic Acid, N,N-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-p-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, EDTA, Polyquaternium-6.
Conditioning Developer Creme: Aqua/Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Trideceth-2 Carboxamide MEA, Ceteareth-25, Glycerin, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid.
The L’Oreal Magic Root Rescue 10 Minute Root Coloring Kit sounds like such a genius idea, and to be able to dye your roots or greys in just ten minutes is amazing.
Especially as you don’t have to faff about with sprays or gels to cover up, when they’re only temporary anyway.
This handy little kit is permanent so once you’ve dyed your roots, you can just forget about it until you next need to dye your roots. Plus, there’s now 17 different shades to choose from, so there’s a good chance you’ll be cake to find your perfect match.
The L’Oreal Magic Root Rescue 10 Minute Root Coloring Kit is currently an US exclusive, and is available now.