Lime Crime have just launched their newest Prelude collection, and our top pick is the Lime Crime Prelude Chroma Eyeshadow Palette. Lime Crime are a marmite kind of brand, you either love them or hate them.
They’ve had somewhat of a colourful past with drama and incidents, but ever since Doe Deere stepped away from the brand, they’ve gone from strength to strength.
Lime Crime Prelude Chroma Eyeshadow Palette
The Lime Crime Prelude Chroma Eyeshadow Palette is said to be an ode to the birth of the original Lime Crime palette – goddess, Venus. With 8 super pigmented shadows in matte, metallic, and iridescent finishes that give off a strong celestial energy.
From gilded golds to stunning bluish-greens, this palette transforms your looks into glimmering and wild masterpieces as monumental as the waves she created. All shadows are made with our signature buttery-smooth formula for a colour payoff that's as striking as the goddess' wavy locks.
- Revel in beautiful jewel tones that are deserving of high-tide attention with rich-gold Eros or deep-sea teal Genesis.
- Go deep in plum Cyprus or starry Triumph for a perfectly posh look.
- Brighten up eyes with copper Nymph and iridescent blue-green Sea Foam.
- Open the foil-stamped palette, featuring winged cherubs to guide you through different shadows, for a special poetic surprise!
The Lime Crime Prelude Chroma Eyeshadow Palette is £34 and contains eight powder eyeshadows in a mixture of finishes;
- Matte: Buttery-smooth and totally matte
- Sheer Matte: Translucent matte
- Metallic: Ultra-shiny shimmer
- Foil: High def and ultra-reflective
- Iridescent: Opalescent lid topper
The palette has the same style as their Venus palettes, with cardboard packaging and a mirror inside the lid. The palette has cherub illustrations and whilst it’s not for everyone, it’s good timing with Valentine’s Day coming up.
- NYMPH: Silvery copper (foil)
- EROS: Super gold (metallic)
- SEA FOAM: Iridescent blue/green shift (iridescent)
- TRIUMPH: White silver gold (metallic)
- CYPRUS: Royal purple (sheer matte)
- SATURN: Ocean blue (metallic)
- OLYMPIA: Light beige nude (matte)
- GENESIS: Deep turquoise (sheer matte)
The eyeshadows all look beautiful, with a really unique colour story. Usually Valentine’s Day collections tend to all be about the pinks and reds, but this is a refreshing change and an interesting take on the typical neutrals.
I like the mixture of greens with the neutrals and there’s some really unique shades in the line up. Lime Crime so beautiful eyeshadows, so this palette will be no different and if the colours aren’t your kind of thing, there’s a second Prelude palette called the Prelude Exposed and it’s more golds and browns in comparison.