The Lime Crime Freckle Pen originally launched as part of the Lime Crime Sunkissed Summer 2019 collection, and featured a super bold and colourful yellow and orange design.
When it originally launched, it was just available in one single shade and was a limited edition product, but it obviously proved to be super popular for the brand, as they’ve now launched the Lime Crime Freckle Pen as a permanent product within their range.
Lime Crime Freckle Pen
When the Lime Crime Freckle Pen launched last summer, it didn’t have a shade name. It was just described as being a neutral brown shade which would be the most apparent on fair to medium skintones.
Now they’ve brought their freckle pen back, they’ve introduced two shades, although it’s not yet clear if one of these shades were the shade the pen was available in last year.
The Lime Crime Freckle Pen is now available in two shades;
- Amber – freckle brown
- Cocoa – medium freckle brown
Something that is interesting though, is that the Lime Crime Freckle Pen used to be £18 last year, but now it’s permanent it’s 2.5ml and £15, so I don’t know if the price was higher last year because it was part of a limited edition collection, but it’s fab it’s a little more affordable now.
Lime Crime say they made their freckle pens so you can get ‘that extra-cool, naturally gorgeous complexion anytime you want without ever having to step into the sunshine’.
Designed to be an easy-to-use felt tip, allowing you to dot on freckles ‘that look legit’, and recommend going with the freckle flow by tapping them on and dabbing them out. Natural-looking and effortless? We’re faux real!
- Our neutral, lightweight formula is buildable, so you can wear a softer look with a few freckles or dot them all over!
- 2 shades cover a wide range of skin tones from light to medium dark.
- Apply speckles of freckles using Freckle Pens thick, felt tip applicator that’s perfect for throwing in your bag when you’re on the go.
- And have you seen Freckle Pen’s pink and rose-gold packaging?
Aqua/Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alcohol. May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-]: Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090
- Dot freckles directly onto bare skin or over makeup. Tap out product with your finger to blend into skin for a more natural appearance.
- Build up freckles for a bolder complexion.
- Mix Amber and Cocoa together for a dimensional freckle look!
The Lime Crime Freckle Pen has a chunky pen design, with a chunky nib with a decent amount of flexibility which allows you to create tiny freckles, but firmer pressure will give you larger freckles.
The two shades doesn’t have a particularly helpful description, but to me Amber is a warm toned brown and Cocoa is a slightly cooler toned brown.
Looking at the swatches, I believe that Cocoa was the shade they created last year, and Amber is the new shade addition.
If you want to create freckles, the Lime Crime Freckle Pen is a super quick and easy way to achieve a freckle look, and it’s available to purchase right now.