There have been a lot of changes at KVD Vegan Beauty this week, with a new rebrand, and the KVD Beauty Good Apple Skin Perfecting Foundation Balm is the first product launch since the relaunch. The brand has a brand new logo, and have changed what the KVD supposedly stands for.
The logo no longer has gothic vibes, and is now a rose gold foil layered letter logo, but hopefully the products will retain their gothic vibes and branding, as it’s one of the reasons the brand’s products were so unique.
If you’d like to find out all about the new KVD Beauty Good Apple Skin Perfecting Foundation Balm, keep on reading…
The KVD Beauty Good Apple Skin Perfecting Foundation Balm is set to launch on the 12th of March at ULTA, Sephora and on the KVD Beauty website.
You don’t see a lot of foundation balms, so I think this new launch is really exciting. There’s foundation balms from brands like Kevyn Aucoin and Stila, but it’s still a relatively new concept. I’ve never tried one myself, but the claims are intriguing.
“KVD Beauty Good Apple Skin-Perfecting Foundation Balm is a buildable, full-coverage, hydrating foundation balm with a lightweight, long-wear formula and a fresh matte finish.
Infused with apple extract to help nourish skin, Good Apple minimizes the appearance of pores and gives skin a smooth, healthy look – plus, it’s noncomedogenic.
This non-cakey, flashback-free foundation quickly covers blemishes and discoloration for an instant confidence boost. In fully recyclable packaging.”
The KVD Beauty Good Apple Skin Perfecting Foundation Balm is $38 and contains 0.35 oz of product within a clear, round, acrylic compact with a clear lid.
The packaging is particularly great because it comes in an innovative compact that’s fully recyclable with no mirror, no magnets and no metal, which is rare for a beauty product in a compact format.
- Blend and build to your desired coverage using a beauty sponge or dense foundation brush.
- Use a patting motion for the fullest coverage.
- Bonus: Use your finger to spot conceal!
- For oily areas, set foundation with Lock-It Setting Powder.
The KVD Beauty Good Apple Skin Perfecting Foundation Balm is available in 40 different shades, which are divided into different shade categories: Light / Medium / Tan / Deep to help you find your perfect shade.
- + 40 SHADES
- + INFUSED WITH APPLE EXTRACT
- + FAST, BUILDABLE FULL COVERAGE
- + FRESH MATTE FINISH⠀
The lightest KVD Beauty Good Apple Skin Perfecting Foundation Balm shade available is Light 002, and the deepest shade is Deep 098. I’m looking forward to reading reviews on this launch, as the formula sounds so different to the average foundation.
- QUICK TAKE: Good Apple foundation balm gives you FAST, LIGHTWEIGHT full coverage with a fresh matte finish.
- FRESH MATTE FINISH? Yep. Not flat. Not dewy. Just right. Skin that looks like skin.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE // LIGHT WEIGHT: Get one-and-done, buildable full coverage that lasts all day and feels like you’re not even wearing foundation. Quickly cover blemishes and discoloration for an instant confidence boost. It’s flashback free, non-cakey and it’ll last all day.
- SHADE MATCHING TIP: Some shades look different in the compact than on skin. Use the photos of the shade on skin to help you pick the right shade. Don’t stress—returns are FREE within 60 days.
- JUICY DETAILS: This vegan foundation is infused with apple extract and sodium hyaluronate to help nourish and hydrate skin. It’s creamy, noncomedogenic and it minimizes the appearance of pores for a smooth, healthy look. It’s best for balanced to dry skin [but oily folks can use it too].
- RECYCLABLE WASN’T ENOUGH: The compact isn’t just fully recyclable, it’s ultra-easy to recycle—no disassembly needed. When you’re done, just empty it and recycle it with plastics.
“Good Apple was inspired by the “vegan glow”—the beautiful skin many get from a balanced plant-based diet.
And like your vegan friend with glowing skin, this foundation gives a damn about doing good: the compact and box are fully recyclable! “
Looking at the swatches, the KVD Beauty Good Apple Skin Perfecting Foundation Balm looks pretty pigmented, which I wouldn’t have expected with a ‘foundation balm’, and if you fancy checking it out, it’s available right here.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty. In addition to Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!