If you were a fan of the Jane Iredale Powder Me Dry Sunscreen SPF30, you'll be glad to know the product has had a whole makeover. Before the product used to be a jar, with a chamber of powder at the base and a sponge applicator which the sunscreen powder used to seep through.
Jane Iredale Powder Me Dry Sunscreen SPF30
The Jane Iredale Powder Me Dry Sunscreen SPF30 comes in a completely different format now, and looks a lot more sleek and modern. The old format looked so dated and retro, but the new version looks so much more effective too.
Jane Iredale Powder Me Dry Sunscreen SPF30 brush head has been modelled after the Jane Iredale plush, ultra-soft kabuki brush, with hand-tied sculpted brush fibres that mimic natural hair for even application.
- Sheer Non-Greasy Protection – Skin-loving physical, SPF 30 broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sun protection for face, body and scalp. Easy to apply on the go, under or over makeup.
- Ultra Soft Refillable Brush – Luxuriously soft, vegan, flow-through brush is ideal for powder application, providing even coverage and mess-free storage for all-day convenience.
- Protects Skin & Our Earth – Refillable, reusable brush includes two fully recyclable refill canisters. Secure magnetic brush head is removable for easy cleaning.
- Dry physical sunscreen for face, body and scalp.
- SPF 30 broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sun protection.
- Refillable flow-through brush with magnetized head for easy cleaning.
- Includes two fully recyclable refill canisters.
- Vegan, hand-tied, sculpted brush fibers mimic natural hair.
- Luxurious, ultra-soft brush for even application.
- Reef-safe formula is water-resistant up to 40 minutes.
- Safe and effective for all skin types; ideal for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective broad spectrum sunscreen.
“Reef-safe and water-resistant up to 40 minutes, Jane Iredale Powder Me Dry Sunscreen SPF30 is recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective broad spectrum sunscreen. Safe and effective for all skin types; ideal for sensitive and acne-prone skin.“
- Unscrew cap to open refill canister.
- Insert refill canister into bottom of brush.
- Twist canister into bottom of brush until secure.
- Remove cap from top of brush.
- Turn base of brush to unlocked position—it will click.
- Shake brush upside down to release product.
- Apply generously to body, face and scalp for sun protection.
- To wash, turn base of brush to locked position and remove magnetic brush head.
- Cleanse brush with mild cleanser.
- Lay sideways to dry.
Jane Iredale also share some tips they recommend when using the product. They recommend setting it with a hydration spray, for a long-lasting finish. It can be mixed with their 24-Karat Gold Dust Shimmer Powder for a golden goddess look.
Plus it can even be used on sunburn to help calm and soothe the skin. Also for quick, daily cleaning, Jane Iredale recommend using their Botanical Brush Spray on the brush head.
The Jane Iredale Powder Me Dry Sunscreen SPF30 is much better for the environment, ans is now available in four different shades;
- Translucent – translucent
- Nude – neutral tan
- Golden – golden tan
- Tanned – peachy tan
I like that the Jane Iredale Powder Me Dry Sunscreen SPF30 can be used on bare skin, or applied over the top of your makeup for extra protection. The brush applicator is so much more convenient than the sponge, as you can lightly dust it over your face and neck without disturbing your makeup underneath.
I think four shades is pretty poor, especially when one of those shades is translucent. There's no excuse for any beauty brand to have a non-inclusive shade range, but I do know products that contain SPF are harder to create in multiple shades, but at least there's a translucent shade which should work for everyone.