If you love Huda Beauty palettes, they’ve just announced the launch of their new Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes series. I love Huda Beauty palettes, so I for one, am very excited about this trio of new pastel themed palettes. If you’d like to know all about this brand new Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes launch and see swatches, keep on reading.
Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes
Although today was the official launch of the Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes, the brand must be mega annoyed because Sephora Poland uploaded the palettes to their ‘new in’ section a month before they’d even been mentioned by the Huda Beauty team.
Within hours the leaked images of the Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes were all over social media, even though the palettes were pulled from the Sephora Poland website almost immediately.
As a brand it must be so infuriating to put a lot of effort into promotional photos for a launch, only for a third party to prematurely preview the product.
Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes Launch Info;
So the Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes are launching on the 1st of March 2020 on the Huda Beauty website, and they’ll filter through to their worldwide stockists after the 1st of March. There are three different palettes;
- Huda Beauty Lilac Pastel Obsessions
- Huda Beauty Rose Pastel Obsessions
- Huda Beauty Mint Pastel Obsessions
Huda told Allure:
“They each have a unique composition created with a variety of iridescent pearls that create a multi-dimensional effect that cause two different colors to appear on the skin depending on how the light hits it,” she says. “People have the option to go for a subtle shimmer look, a highly pigmented matte look, or a combination look using a little of both.”
Her best tip for wearing any of these palettes is – “begin by choosing one matte shade and building its pigment all over the lid and crease of the eye.
Then, use a finger to swipe the palette’s marbled duo-chrome shade onto the middle of the lid in small, circular motions for extra definition. To amp things up with a wet and shiny look, Kattan advises topping everything off with one of the metallic hues”.
“The jelly-like formula leaves you with a finish that appears a bit glossier than a matte formula when it dries, giving it a little extra sheen,” she says. “The texture really helps the shimmer to glide onto the skin and adhere to it in a way that is a little more difficult to do with glittery pressed powders without using a primer.“
Huda Beauty Lilac Pastel Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette
- Shade 1 – a pink toned purple matte
- Shade 2 – a bright violet foil
- Shade 3 – a light pinky toned lilac foil
- Shade 4 – a metallic coral with a gold duochrome shift
- Shade 5 – a peach matte
- Shade 6 – a tie-dye multi-coloured jelly shadow with a rose gold base and a bright violet marble
- Shade 7 – a pastel cool toned lilac matte
- Shade 8 – a bright peach matte
- Shade 9 – a deep purple matte
Huda Beauty Rose Pastel Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette
- Shade 1 – a pale pink toned lilac matte
- Shade 2 – a lilac shimmer with a slightly chunky texture
- Shade 3 – a metallic lilac with a silver shift shimmer
- Shade 4 – a bright purple matte
- Shade 5 – a tie-dye multi-coloured jelly shadow with a warm gold base and a bright purple marble
- Shade 6 – a pale lime green shimmer with a pale gold duochrome shift
- Shade 7 – a pastel yellow matte
- Shade 8 – a light lilac matte
- Shade 9 – a deeper cool toned purple matte with a grey undertone
Huda Beauty Mint Pastel Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette
- Shade 1 – a pale cool toned mint green
- Shade 2 – a pale mint green foil with a silver duochrome shift
- Shade 3 – a slightly brighter more neutral toned matte mint
- Shade 4 – a tie-dye multi-coloured jelly shadow with a mint green metallic base and a chocolate brown metallic marble
- Shade 5 – a light taupe foil
- Shade 6 – a metallic coral
- Shade 7 – a matte terracotta
- Shade 8 – a tie-dye multi-coloured jelly shadow with a bright teal foil base and a pastel mint foil marble
- Shade 9 – a bright green matte
The three Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes have plastic packaging just like the Neon Obsessions Palettes, instead of the cardboard packaging style that the brand used for their Gemstone Obsessions, Mini Obsessions and main big palettes.
The palettes with plastic packaging tend to retail for £27, whereas the cardboard palettes are £25, and the Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes are all going to be £27 from Cult Beauty launch after the 1st of March.
“Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes include our highly pigmented formula with 2 NEW and innovative textures to bring wearing combos with bold pops of color for limitless looks.“
- Shimmer Texture
- Tie-Dye Swirl for two-tone effect on the lid
The new Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes look super pretty, and perfect for Spring. I’ve seen people mention on Instagram that they think the Rose and Lilac palettes are too similar, but I don’t think they’re too similar at all. The tones in the Lilac Pastel Obsessions are quite cool, whereas the Rose Pastel Obsessions are warmer in comparison.
My favourite palette within the trio is the Lilac Pastel Obsessions, but I really like the look of the Rose palette too. I really liked the look of the new tie-dye shades, and it’ll be interesting to see how they compare to the marbled shades within the New Nude Palette. These three Huda Beauty Pastels Obsessions Palettes launch on the 1st of March.
All images belong to Huda Beauty.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty – I have been a beauty writer since 2012.
As well as owning Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!