Huda Beauty are one of my favourite brands, so when Huda Kattan announced the upcoming Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara launch, I was instantly excited.
Especially as it's actually TWO mascaras in one.
It's a two sided mascara, with two different brushes, and two different mascara formulas and each mascara on either side contains 8.5ml of product – so a combined volume of 17ml in the whole Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara tube.
I own almost every single one of her eyeshadow palettes, except the Neon Obsessions or the Pastel Obsessions as I love her eyeshadows so much, so I just know the new Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara is going to be amazing.
It is launching on the 20th of May – BUT is already available right here!
“A long-lasting, matte black, dual-ended mascara that delivers major volume, dramatic curl and insane length without weighing down your lashes.
Featuring two full size mascaras in one dual-ended pack, these ultra-black formulas are clinically proven** to volumize, lengthen, lift, and curl lashes. Legit Lashes Mascara glides smoothly onto lashes for an even, buildable, and clump-free application.
The Mascara features two custom brushes and formulas designed to give you THE perfect lashes. Whether you use both sides together or separate, this mascara allows you to customize your look according to your mood!” – Huda Beauty
Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara
If you’re an OG Huda Beauty fan, you’ll know that their first ever products were lashes and everyone went crazy for them.
Huda always has the most beautiful lashes, but her photos showing her natural lashes with the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara applied, look amazing.
The story behind the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara was Huda wanting a mascara that gave her dramatic, feminine lashes.
Huda decided she wanted the campaign for the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara to be all about rawness and realness, after loving the raw vibe of the Wishful campaigns.
She didn't want a crazy campaign, with loads of glamour. She just wanted a before, and an after – as that's all she needs.
The tagline for the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara is ‘you deserve the best lashes and we legitimately swear to give you MAJOR VOLUME and to always provide dramatic curl and length‘.
Huda posted some Insta Stories explaining that she was the model for the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara campaign because she doesn't have good lashes naturally (she said she has “itty bitty lashes”), so she wanted the campaign to be real.
She didn't want to be like the brands that use models with blonde lashes that ‘could use paint on her lashes, and they'd look amazing', so she used her short natural lashes to really emphasise how incredible the new Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara really is.
So what do we know about the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara?
- The shape of the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara tube is a diamond for a more ergonomically friendly design when applying.
- The mascara has TWO mascara tubes in one.
- One end of the mascara is called VOLUME.
- One end of the mascara is called CURL & LENGTH.
- The colour is called VERY VANTA – means the blackest of black
- The brushes in the two mascara tubes are customised brushes, with bristles on the tips so you can evenly coat your bottom lashes.
- They're rubber bristle brushes.
- Both formulas within the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara have fibers – but DIFFERENT fibers.
- One brush is more of an hourglass shape, and the other is a curved comb like shape.
- It's recommended you use the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara LENGTHENING mascara first, and then the CURL & LENGTH.
- The Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara formula contains a special wax to help coat your lashes, and adhere to your lashes.
- This wax does not weigh your lashes down, so sparser lashes will still achieve lift and length.
- Fibers are 5mm long and long enough to make your lashes look as if you have lash extensions.
Huda Beauty conducted tests with their Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara, and the results were;
- 100% of people tested agreed that their lashes looked like they had a lash extension effect
- 100% of people tested agreed that their lashes looked more curled and had longer length
- 100% of people tested agreed that the Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara made their lashes look as if they had multiplied their amount of lashes, and more intensity of their lashes.
Although each side can be used independently, best results are achieved when combining both formulas.
• Build volume first using the “Volume” side. Layer until desired result is achieved.
• Adding a few coats of the “Curl & Length” side for extended drama*
• Coat your bottom lashes with “Curl & Length” for a natural and fluttery look.
*For best results, apply both layers before the product dries on your lashes.
Use the “Volume” side first before layering on the “Curl & Length” side for the ultimate lashes!
The Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara has been five years in the making, which is crazy. That’s a long time for a product to be in development so it gives us high hopes that the formula is going to be amazing.
**Research Results: Based on an independent panel test of 22 women using the “Volume” mascara followed by “Curl & Length” mascara.
• 100% of people agreed their lashes looked fuller and multiplied.
• 100% of people agreed these mascaras gave their lashes extreme curl and extreme length.
• 100% of people agreed they had an instant lash extension effect.
• 100% of people agreed that the mascara looked very intense black on their lashes.
• 86% of people agreed their lashes appeared lifted.
• 95% of people agreed their lashes appeared separated and defined.
• 95% of people agreed their eyes looked wider, lashes fanned, awake, sexier and seductive.
As soon as any further details emerge, I’ll be sure to instantly update this post. I’m really excited about this Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mascara, it looks so promising – just look at those before and after shots of the mascara on Huda’s natural lashes.
No filters or effects, just lengthened, volumized and dramatic lashes. I’m guessing the mascara will be around $25.
I love that this mascara is so unique to any other mascara, and to get two separate mascaras in one (and not just one tube with two brushes) is amazing, and I love that you can customise your lash look.
All images belong to Huda Beauty.