Today is the official start of my festive content, which will be staggered over the next few months. October is literally days away, and I can’t wait to share lots of amazing Christmas sets and gifts with you.
The Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020 was something I bought the minute I saw it on sale within the UK, and I’ve also purchased a couple of other beauty advents to showcase here on my blog in the coming weeks.
I’ve already done an unboxing on the epic Lookfantastic Advent Calendar 2020, but this is all about the budget friendly Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020.
Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020
The Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020 is only £19.99 which I think is amazing for an advent calendar. Many brands charge £20, and fill the calendar with gimmicky fillers such as hair scrunchies and hair ties, but this advent calendar is a fantastic deal.
It’s different to other advent calendars which feature perforated doors or drawers, because the Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020 comes in a big box, with a sheet of numbered stickers from one to twenty four, as well as twenty four cute paper bags in four different designs.
With the Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020, you’re getting to choose which products you want for each day, and you simply put the product in one of the paper bags, and then add a number sticker to say which date of Advent the product will be for.
I think this particular format is great if you’re doing an advent for another person as a gift, as you can customise the products and surprise them each day.
As a blogger, I purchased the Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020 because for £19.99, you’re getting 24 Essence products, which I can then review on my blog, so that’s potentially 24 blog posts worth of content for £20 – working out at 83 pence per product – amazing or what?
I’m not going to number up the bags, as I’m going ton start testing the products, but for £20 it’s an amazing calendar, and wait until you see what’s inside.
I am going to be sharing the contents inside the Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020 from this point onwards. If you don’t want to know what’s inside this calendar, please don’t read past this point to avoid any spoilers.
The Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020 comes in a red and white striped box, with the 24 products loose inside alongside the 24 paper gift bags and the sticker sheet.
What impressed me the most with this Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020, is that it has full sized products with maybe only one or two ‘filler’ type gifts. Essence did this style of advent calendar last year, but it sold out before I could purchase it, so I wasn’t going to make that mistake again…
Essence DIY Advent Calendar 2020 Contents Reveal:
- Essence On Lash Off Volumizing Magnetic Accent Lashes in 01 Turn Up The Volume
- Essence Prime + Studio HD Hydra Primer Spray
- Essence My Beauty Ritual Step 1 Lip Peeling
- Essence My Beauty Ritual Step 2 Lip Mask
- Essence My Beauty Ritual Step 3 Lip Primer
- Essence Short Blender Brush
- Essence Follow Your Heart Eyeshadow Palette
- Essence Crystal Wet Look Lip Gloss in the shade 01 Bright Diamond
- Essence Sapphire Nail File
- Essence Glitter On Glitter Off Peel Off Nail Polish in 03 Party Queen
- Essence Glitter On Glitter Off Peel Off Nail Polish in 01 Put A Ring On it
- Essence Bracelet Nail Stickers in 10 Bracelet
- Essence Studio Nails Rosewood Cuticle Sticks
- Essence Glow In The Dark Top Coat in 36 Girl On The Moon
- Essence Instant Volume Boost Smudgeproof and Intense Black Mascara
- Essence Superlast Eyeliner in Matt Black
- Essence Colour Up! Shine On! Lipstick in the shade 08 Flaming Red
- Essence Style Your Wing! Cut Out Eyeliner Tool
- Essence Pure Nude Sunlighter Highlighter in 40 Be My Sunlight
- Essence Matt Touch Blusher in 10 Peach Me Up!
- Essence Plumping Nudes Lip Gloss in the shade 05 Bold Love
- Essence Draw The Line Instant Colour Lip Liner Pencil in the shade 05 So Un-Grey-Tful
- Essence Time To Wake Up Sheet Mask
- Essence Matt Matt Matt Lip Gloss in the shade 02 Beauty Approved
So that’s the entirety of the Essence DIY Advent Calendar. I am so impressed with it, and the contents are so varied with a nice mix of shades. I can’t believe it’s only £19.99, for full sized Essence products, and whilst I wasn’t in love with the tiny sachet of lip mask, the rest of the products are great, and I cannot recommend this advent calendar enough, if you’re looking for a more affordable advent calendar option.
All images belong to me.
*This post was originally posted on GemmaEtc.com which is my other beauty blog*
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty – I have been a beauty writer since 2012.
As well as owning Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!