I honestly cannot remember their last new launch, so it’s way overdue and it sounds like the perfect product to launch in time for summer, where many of us are favouring a lighter, more radiant base.
Cover FX Luminous Tinted Moisturizer
The Cover FX Luminous Tinted Moisturizer has launched as an exclusive on their website, but I have no doubt it that it will filter out to the other Cover FX stockists in the coming weeks like Sephora, ULTA and Beauty Bay.
The Cover FX Luminous Tinted Moisturizer is $39 and contains 30ml / 1.0 fl. oz, and is available in four ‘ultra sheer universal shades’:
- Fair / Light – For Cover FX foundation shades 0–35
- Medium – For Cover FX foundation shades 40–60
- Tan – For Cover FX foundation shades 70–90
- Deep – For Cover FX foundation shades 100–125
Their Luminous Tinted Moisturizer is described as being an innovative prebiotic and probiotic formula that blurs pores and fine lines, improves radiance and helps replenish and restore skin’s natural barrier.
Its formula is said to be enriched with prebiotics and probiotics to help strengthen and balance the skin’s living protective layer, Anti-Stress Adaptors to defend against environmental aggressors, and Bamboo, Lotus Flower and Water Lily to hydrate and soothe.
- Prebiotic and Probiotic Complexes: Create a smoother, brighter complexion by strengthening and balancing the microbiome (skin’s living protective layer).
- Anti-Stress Adaptors (Ginseng, Chaga Mushroom and Resurrection Plant): Help protect against pollution, free radicals and other age-accelerating environmental aggressors.
- Bamboo, Lotus Flower and Water Lily: Hydrate and soothe skin.
- Apply evenly with fingertips, foundation brush or sponge.
- Wear alone for a “no makeup” makeup look, follow with Power Play Foundation for more coverage, or apply with our new Custom Application Brush to create your own unique beauty formula.
If you’re unsure which shade of the Cover FX Luminous Tinted Moisturizer would suit your skintone, Cover FX have offered customers the chance to email them for help with colour matching which is really great service.
I like that the shades have been recommended for specific shades in their existing foundation, as it does help to know which shade would suit you the best. However, the sceptic in me is a little unsure that four shades will suit everyone.
I’m sure it does have universal properties, but the Fair/Light shade in particular, I just can’t imagine how it’d match both someone with foundation shade 0 and someone with foundation shade 35.
That’s such a big scope between the two, and it’d be great to see some proper swatches so customers could get an idea if the shades will work for them or not.
In addition to the new Cover FX Luminous Tinted Moisturizer, Cover FX have launched their Custom Application Brush which they recommend for use with their new tinted moisturiser. For a foundation/base brush, it does look unique with little wells within the bristles to help with flawless application, and both products are available right now.
All images belong to Cover FX.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty. In addition to Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!