I used to own, and loved the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Love Lip Renewing Honeybee Scrub (and matching lip balm), and I was gutted when they were discontinued, so I’m delighted the scrub is back… for a limited time.
The Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s Magic Lip Scrub is £20 / $28, and is a limited edition lip scrub, which is a shame. After they discontinued their other lip scrub, it could be that they wanted to see how well received this new formula would be, but hopefully it’ll be made permanent if it turns out to be popular.
“Darlings, prep and prime your pout! My Magic Lip Scrub is BACK with a NEW! name, it’s my GLOBALLY-LOVED backstage beauty secret for lips that FEEL SMOOTHER and LOOK JUST-KISSED!
Give your lips some T.L.C.! This miracle exfoliating lip scrub is infused with my Tender Lip Care matrix of lip-loving, SMOOTHING and CONDITIONING ingredients like Natural Sugar Crystals, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Squalane and Vitamin E, to gently remove dead skin cells, nourish, soften and comfort your pout!“
The Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s Magic Lip Scrub is packaged within a clear, circular plastic jar with a rose gold chrome lid, featuring the brand’s iconic starburst design.
The design is almost identical to their old Lip Love Lip Scrub. For a lip scrub, I think the packaging manages to look luxe, and is beautiful.
The Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s Magic Lip Scrub is said to feature the following key ingredients within the formula;
- NATURAL SUGAR CRYSTALS: finely textured for gentle, effective exfoliation of dead skin cells to help bring lips back to life! The massage action creates a look of blood rushing to the lips, making them appear rosy and kissably soft.
- JOJOBA OIL: packed with essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins.
- SHEA BUTTER: nourishes, softens, and conditions the feel of lips.
- BEESWAX: locks in hydration with calming, repairing qualities.
- COCOA SEED BUTTER: super hydrating properties.
- OLIVE OIL: moisturising properties.
- SQUALANE: boosts skin hydration, reducing appearance of fine lines.
- VITAMIN E: nourishing, protecting properties.
The directions are very simple;
- Using a generous amount, MASSAGE over dry lips in small, SWIRLING, CIRCULAR MOTIONS, allowing the natural sugar crystals to buff away dead skin cells and the invigorating massage technique to help stimulate circulation.
- Work from the lip line inwards, paying particular attention to any dry areas.
- Then WIPE AWAY, leaving a filter of hydrating oils and butters to nourish and comfort the lips.
I love a good lip scrub, so I’d love to try the new Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s Magic Lip Scrub, especially to see how it compares to their old Lip Love Lip Scrub. If you’d like to check out this new sugar-based lip scrub, it’s available right now.