CeraVe has launched not one, but two new makeup removers; the CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm, and the CeraVe Comforting Eye Makeup Remover.
We’ve never really seen CeraVe launch products specifically designed for makeup removal before, so it’s nice to see the brand launch something specifically for the removal of eye makeup, and then this cleansing balm for the rest of your makeup.
What Is The CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm?
The CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm offers you the cleansing efficacy of a cleansing balm, and the comfort, and convenience of a cleansing cream all-in-one. Helping to effectively remove longwearing makeup, dirt, and excess sebum from the skin.
“CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleanser Balm features a velvety melting balm texture that works to effectively dissolve longwear makeup and foundation, with no greasy residue left on the skin. This cleansing balm formula can be used twice daily to help moisturize your skin and leave it feeling soft and comforted—while also helping to maintain your protective skin barrier.“
The CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm is formulated with three essential ceramides, which help to main the skin’s protective barrier. Whilst plant-based, jojoba oil helps to retain the skin’s moisture as you cleanse, leaving your skin feeling nourished with moisture, soft and comforted long after cleansing.
CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm Key Benefits
- Ceramides: Formulated with three essential ceramides to help maintain the skin’s protective barrier
- Plant-Based Jojoba Oil: Helps retain skin moisture as you cleanse, leaving your skin feeling nourished with moisture, soft, and comforted long after cleansing
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Non-comedogenic, soap-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, and allergy-tested
- Skin feels hydrated and nourished with moisture
- Easy to rinse off, with no greasy residue on the skin
- Developed with dermatologists
- Scoop a pearl-sized amount.
- Massage gently onto dry skin in a circular motion.
- Rinse well and pat dry.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Complete your cleansing routine with your favorite CeraVe cleanse.
Comparing the CeraVe Cleansing Balm with the ULTA Healthy Hydration Cleansing Balm (which is the same price), the ULTA version contains 85g / 2.9 oz – which is more than double the contents. So it’s weird that CeraVe have given us such a tiny amount of product.
Apart from the jar being extremely small for a non-travel sized cleanser, the formula sounds lovely. If you like a good cleansing balm, or CeraVe ceramide-infused skincare in general, the CeraVe Cleansing Balm is available right now.
Hi, my name is Gemma, and I’m the owner of MakeupMuddle.com. I’m a true beauty obsessive, and love writing about anything to do with beauty – I have been a beauty writer since 2012.
As well as owning Makeup Muddle, I also own GemmaEtc.com, and love sharing my thoughts and feelings about the greatest (and not so great) beauty products!