As soon as I saw the Burberry Beauty Runway Eye Palette, I instantly fell in love with it. I’ve only ever tried a few pieces of Burberry Beauty makeup, but there was something about the palette which really caught my eye.
I think it’s because it looks nothing like the average spring makeup palette, but as there weren’t any reviews online, I had no idea if it was any good. Spoiler alert…. it’s absolutely amazing!
Normally, the Burberry Beauty products have gunmetal metallic packaging which has become synonymous for the brand, but this brand new collection features gold metallic packaging, and it somehow manages to look more luxe.
Just like all of the Burberry Beauty products, the packaging features a tartan check effect, and the Burberry Beauty Runway Eye Palette also features a subtle tartan check design within the metallic gold which looks so chic and luxe, and quintessentially British.
This palette has been designed to emulate Burberry fabrics with the shades, and also the design on the nine eyeshadows too. All nine shades within the Burberry Beauty Runway Eye Palette feature an amazing, horizontal line design which is said to emulate the brand’s fabrics.
It looks so unique, and the design doesn’t disappear with regular use either. I hate it when brands make an effort with designs on pans, for them to just disappear the minute you tap a brush into them.
Even with regular use, my Burberry Beauty Runway Eye Palette still has the raised design in every single pan within the palette.
“To celebrate spring, Burberry captures its house colours and distinctive finishes in the limited-edition Runway Eye Palette.
This exclusive palette holds nine highly pigmented shades in matte, shimmer and metallic finishes – perfect for creating customisable looks.
The sleek golden case opens to reveal a marriage of heritage and contemporary shades adorned with the gabardine pattern to create multidimensional tones. The timeless Brown and Burgundy hues are paired with vibrant Gold and Vermilion Red to create a multitude of Burberry Beauty looks.
Coated with an advanced powder technology, the pigments of the three formulas combine contrasting ultra-sensorial textures with maximum colour pay off for long-lasting hold.
The soft, matte finish offers a velvet touch, while the shimmer shades create a silky base and the metallic texture melts from powder to fluid on your skin.“
The Burberry Beauty Runway Eye Palette is $70 / £62, and contains nine large powder eyeshadows in square pans, with rounded corners. Whilst the palette is expensive compared to DIOR or Chanel palettes, this palette has nine shades.
Plus, you’re getting 20g of product, which works out at being 2.2g of shadow per pan, which is a lot of eyeshadow. One individual full sized MAC Eyeshadow is 1.5g, so you’re getting considerably more eyeshadow per shade.
- Light Camel (shimmer) a light golden brown shimmer with almost a gold duochrome shift, and looks foil-like on the lids, with a buildable formula.
- Tan (shimmer) a rich golden bronze with intense pigmentation.
- Dark Burgundy (shimmer) a deep and intense plum brown with a satin finish. It needs to be built up as it’s a little sheer.
- Dark Brown (shimmer) a cool toned shimmery dark brown, with a gold duochrome shift and intense pigmentation.
- Vermillion Red (metallic) a super creamy, copper foil with a very intense wet-look sheen which looks exactly like a brand new penny. It’s the perfect copper shade, and becomes even more special when used with a dampened brush.
- Brown (matte) a deep, cool toned chocolate brown matte with a very blendable, buttery formula.
- Beige (matte) a warm toned milk chocolate brown matte, with a buildable formula
- Burgundy (shimmer) a burgundy shimmer with a gold duochrome shift, and needs to be built up for full opacity.
- Gold (metallic) a true, bright gold with a foil finish and very intense pigmentation. Almost looks like liquid gold on the eyes, and matches the colour of the metal compact perfectly.
The Burberry Beauty Runway Eye Palette is absolutely amazing, and is one of the best eyeshadow palettes I’ve tried in a long time. I own a lot of eyeshadow palettes from Essence to Tom Ford, and the quality of all nine shades is incredible.
There isn’t one disappointing shade in the whole palette, and I’m particularly impressed with how foil-like the metallic shades are. The mattes are soft, effortless to blend, and look flawless on the eyes, and the shimmer and metallic shades are beyond amazing.
I know this palette isn’t anything you’d expect from a spring makeup collection, as it’s usually all about the pastels and muted colours, but this is without a doubt an incredible palette, and a palette I’d wholeheartedly recommend. The quality is fantastic, and you can find the Burberry Beauty Runway Eye Palette right here.