Becca are launching a brand new product, and it's an exciting one too. The Becca Light Gleam Primer & Topper Liquid Eyeshadow Duo has launched as an ULTA exclusive, and will be able to be purchased from the 19th of July online via the ULTA website, and from the 2nd of August in ULTA stores.
Becca Light Gleam Primer & Topper Liquid Eyeshadow Duo
Becca are quite a safe brand that typically focuses on highlighter based products such as their Shimmering Skin Perfectors, or their recently launched body highlighting liquids. Everything is all about the glow when it comes to Becca launches, and they do glowy, and radiant products very well.
They rarely launch a completely new product to their range, but their new Becca Light Gleam Primer & Topper Liquid Eyeshadow Duo is exciting as it is a totally new and unique product for the brand.
This new Becca Light Gleam Primer & Topper Liquid Eyeshadow Duo is essentially two different eyeshadow formulas in one convenient dual-ended tube, with two different finishes and two different colours per duo. They're $26 each, and work out at $13 per shade within the duo.
The Becca Light Gleam Primer & Topper Liquid Eyeshadow Duo is a dual-ended liquid eyeshadow with a long-wear pigmented primer on one end and a twinkling topper on the other for multiple looks.
On one end, a doe foot applicator applies a long-wear pigmented primer that preps lids with rich colour and a satin finish. On the other end, a precision brush applies a twinkling topper of kaleidoscopic pearls for a multidimensional finish. Wear separately or layer for a crease-proof, colour-shifting chrome effect that lasts all day.
- Step 1: Using the doe foot applicator, apply primer all over the eyelid, into the crease, and under lash line. Blend with tool of choice, such as fingertip or brush.
- Tip: For an even more pigmented look, use your ring finger to tap product onto area, then diffuse the edges with a brush.
- Step 2: Using the precision brush applicator, layer twinkling topper onto areas where you'd like to add a multidimensional finish, such as under the brow bone, onto the inner corner, and the centre of the eyelid. Tap gently with fingertips to intensify the look.
- Tip: Wear the reflective topcoat alone on days when you want a soft wash of sparkle on the lid.
- Step 3: Mix and match with multiple shades of Light Gleam to create various looks.
The Becca Light Gleam Primer & Topper Liquid Eyeshadow Duo offer a crease resistant formula, with longlasting wear. I think it's genius that they've combined two formulas within the duo, but that each of the two formulas have a different applicator.
So they've essentially got a shimmery liquid eyeshadow with a doefoot applicator on one end, and on the other end there's a glittery liquid eyeshadow topcoat, which comes with a smaller, brush applicator for applying over the top.
The Becca Light Gleam Primer & Topper Liquid Eyeshadow Duo is available in six stunning shades;
- Dusk – an olive green primer with golden shimmer topper
- Refract – a sky blue primer with a rainbow shimmer topper
- Laser – a deep plum primer with a violet shimmer topper
- Golden Hour – a caramel brown primer with a golden shimmer topper
- Red Star – a brick-red primer with a pink shimmer topper
- Lunar – a dusty rose primer with a pink shimmer topper
How amazing are these swatches by Becca? I love how they've shown each of the six shades applied with just the shimmery eyeshadow primer side, then the sparkly glittery top coat side, and then both sides applied together.
I really like how you're getting almost three shadows in one duo, as you can wear them with just the primer side, or just the glittery topcoat side, or you can wear both sides together. The colours are just beautiful, and I can't wait to give at least Dusk and Lunar a try.